ASEAN India Research Fellowship 2019: Applications are invited for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) for ASEAN researchers in Indian. There are total 50 Asean-India Research Training Fellowships which will be given to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN-Member Countries to get Affiliated with Indian academic and R & D institutions. Young students who belong from ASEAN Member States are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
ASEAN India Research Fellowship 2019 – 20 Notification:
The AIRTF Scheme is a fellowship scheme which is given to promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them opportunity to work at Indian at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise. The fellowship is being provided to facilitate exchange of information and technologies between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries.
Deadline Dates for submission of Application: Readers of this page must note that the application for AIRTF scheme Fellowship can be submitted at any time during the year as there is no specified deadline for submitting the applications. Application is processed in two cycles ending 30th June and 31st December of each year.
Fellowships are available to pursue research training program.
Research Area offered for AIRTF Fellowship Scheme 2019 – 2020:
The Appliers of this fellowship must choose their area of research/ topic which is ASEAN Centric and must be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action of Science, Technology and Innovation (APASTI)-2016-225. We have listed the area/ topic of research from which one will have to choose:
- Agriculture Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocen, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals and Metallurgy
- Science Policy/ IPR Management/ Technology Transfer & Commercialization
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in Alignment with APASTI.
Duration of ASEAN India Research Fellowship:
The time duration of the fellowship will be of two to six months for a particular area/ topic of research. Any variation in the duration of ASEAN India Research Fellowship Scheme would be allowed on the recommendation of the Indian host institute/ University depending upon the actual requirement of the research project as mutually agreed between the fellowship holder and Indian host institution.
ASEAN India Research Fellowship Awards:
All final selected fellows will get full financial assistance which will include the following points:
- A consolidated fellowship amount of Indian Repees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- A sum of INR 40,000/- per month for 6 month will be granted for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific events and field trips within India, and institutional overhead charges @Rs. 25,00/- Per month.
- All international travel expenses such as round trip international airfare by Excursion/ economy class by shortest route.
Eligibility Requirements for ASEAN Indian Research Fellowship 2019-20
- Students who are from ASEAN Member State are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- He/ She must possess at least a Master Degree in any Science or an equivalent field in Technology/ Engineering/ Medicine/ Allied disciplines.
- Applicants should hold a positing in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her ASEAN Member Country.
- Candidates’ upper age should not exceed by 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Appliers should be fluent in English Language as he/ she shall have to work with other nation scientists.
- Contenders holding Indian National citizenship are not eligible to apply.
ASEAN India Research Fellowship 2019 Application Form:
Application procedure: To apply for this Fellowship, candidates will have to E-mail their application form to the Science & Technology Division of ASEAN Secretariat with a copy of IMRC Division, Department of Science & Technology in the enclosed format along with the following enclosures:
- Application Form
- A photocopy of Relevant Pages of passport
- Proof of endorsement from present employer, dully filled and signed, after that Candidates should take a print out of the format of endorsement of present employer appended at the end of application format.
- A copy of document/ email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you as colleague, if you get shortlisted.
NOTE: The application form must be filled by typing online and not handwritten.
Important Links – ASEAN-India Research Fellowship 2019-20