UPDATES: The online application for the CHED College Scholarship has now closed. The deadline for submissions was August 15, 2021. CHED has made a small modification to its earlier guidelines. For the Academic Year 2021-2022, this article has been updated.
The CHED Scholarship Program is one of the scholarships offered by the CHED Scholarship Program (CSP).
The purpose is to help incoming first-year college students who plan to enroll in authorized public or private colleges, universities, or Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
This is a yearly competitive student financial assistance program (StuFAP) that provides financial support to students based on their previous school year’s grades. All students are eligible for the Full Merit and Half Merit awards.
Note: CHED doesn’t offer any financial assistance or scholarships to Senior High School Students (Grade 11 or Grade 12) since it is under DepEd.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Advantages of a CHED Scholar
- 2 CHED scholarship program
- 3 Courses with the highest priority
- 4 Qualifications
- 5 Documentation requirements
- 6 One or more of the following:
- 7 (If applicable) proof of the following:
- 8 Responsibilities
- 9 Until August 15, 2021, you can apply online.
- 10 Results of the CHED Scholarship for 2021
- 11 Most Commonly Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 11.1 Is CHED able to provide financial assistance or a scholarship to current Senior High School students (Grades 11 or 12)?
- 11.2 What is the monthly allowance for CHED scholars?
- 11.3 Is CHED able to provide financial help to certain regions?
- 11.4 The course that I wish to take isn’t on the priority course list. So, what do I do now?
- 11.5 I’m an ALS graduate. Is it possible for me to apply for the CHED scholarship program?
- 11.6 I didn’t complete my college education. Now I want to continue a career as a CHED scholar. Is that allowable?
- 12 References
The Advantages of a CHED Scholar
You don’t have to worry about paying your tuition, miscellaneous fees, or other school costs if you’re a CHED scholar. Every semester, CHED scholars get a monthly allowance or stipend, which is distributed either directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution.
The following is a breakdown of financial assistance:
Full CHED scholars enrolled in a private university receive P20,000 in tuition and other school fees, P35,000 in allowance, and P5,000 in books each semester.
The following is a list of the benefits available to CHED scholars attending a private university.
CHED scholars who prefer to enroll in a state or public university receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of P40,000 every semester.
CHED scholarship program
Under the State Scholarship or Private Education Student Financial Assistance programs, a qualified student may be awarded a Full Scholarship (FS) or Half Scholarship (HS) (PESFA).
Full Merit (FS)
High school graduates with a GWA of at least 96% or equivalent.
Half Merit (HS)
High school graduates with a GWA of at least 93 % – 95% or equivalent.
Courses with the highest priority
The following are the priority courses recognized by CHED Scholarship for the Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022:
CHED Scholarship priority courses - Click Here
To be eligible for the scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Filipino citizen of good moral character.
- Except for senior citizens, applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of application.
- You must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation.
- A total annual gross revenue of Php 400,000 is required.
- You must not have received any government scholarships or financial assistance.
The scholarship is offered to all qualified and deserving students, with a preference for those who belong to a specific group of people, such as:
- Persons with Disabilities
- Persons with Disabilities
- Parents who are single and have children
- Those who belong to a cultural minority
- Senior citizens
- Members of the hill tribe
Download Latest Version - PPSSPP Gold APK
Please submit the following documents for review.
As proof that you are a Filipino citizen, get a birth certificate (PSA or NSO).
For graduating high-school students, a high-school report card or a certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and the first semester of Grade 12 is required.
One or more of the following:
Parents’ or guardians’ most recent Income Tax Return (ITR)
BIR Certificate of Tax Exemption
Indigence certificate from their barangay or the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- The DSWD has released a case study report.
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers, the most recent copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of moral character
Also Download – Among Us MOD APK
(If applicable) proof of the following:
- Parents are in their citizens
- Being a member of an indigenous group
- Parents who are single or have children
- A person with a disability is a person
- Homeless and underprivileged
CHED scholars must enroll full-time in a recognized private or public university in the Philippines and must be regular students.
Full merit scholarship recipients should maintain an average of at least 85%, while half merit students must maintain an average of at least 80 %.
Failure to maintain the required GWA will result in the scholarship being terminated. You can, however, request reconsideration within 15 days of receiving your GWA notice.
If you want to transfer to another school or change courses, you must first get permission from the Regional Office.
Until August 15, 2021, you can apply online.
The CHED Regional Office offers an online application. Here are the links as of this written form:
Apply Links - CHED Scholarship
Simply complete the online CHED scholarship application and be ready to upload the required documentation.
Results of the CHED Scholarship for 2021
The CHED Scholarship Program’s result is determined by a ranking system and the number of slots available.
The list of qualifiers has not yet been released, but it is likely to be sent out this month via individual emails to each qualifier. Keep an eye on this page by bookmarking it.
Most Commonly Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is CHED able to provide financial assistance or a scholarship to current Senior High School students (Grades 11 or 12)?
No. Students in senior high school are under by the Department of Education.
What is the monthly allowance for CHED scholars?
You’ll get Php 35,000 per semester if you’re a full-scholar. They will be paid Php 17,000 per semester as half-scholars.
Is CHED able to provide financial help to certain regions?
Yes, in some situations. For example, the Council on Higher Education established a financial stipend for medical students enrolling at selected State Universities.
The course that I wish to take isn’t on the priority course list. So, what do I do now?
Unfortunately, CHED’s priority courses are very specific. You could alternatively look into other scholarship opportunities.
I’m an ALS graduate. Is it possible for me to apply for the CHED scholarship program?
Yes. All deserving students are eligible for CHED’s financial assistance.
I didn’t complete my college education. Now I want to continue a career as a CHED scholar. Is that allowable?
Yes. CHED will accept your application if you meet all of the other requirements and submit all of the required documents.
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 8 Series of 2019
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 11 Series of 2021