The Department of Science and Technology invites the Filipino youths to join the science body by undertaking careers in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics. The DOST Science Education Institute has announced that the scholarship slots for 2021 DOST-SEI undergraduate students are available. This is for the incoming grade 12 students, AY 2020-2021 who have the intention of pursuing STEM courses when enrolled in college the coming year. The aim of the scholarship is to push for knowledge-driven advancement through Sand T human resource advancement.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP The scholarship is a great value since it allows talented Filipino youths to pursue Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics related careers and also participate actively in the research and development activities. This will enable the Philippines to have more students in this dynamic world. The windows are also open for the non-STEM strand as long as they are at the top 5 percent of their graduating class.
- Tuition Fee Subsidy: ₱40,000 per academic year for those who will enroll in private HEIs
- Book Allowance: ₱10,000 per academic year
- Thesis Allowance: ₱10,000
- Monthly Living Allowance: ₱7,000 per month
- Transportation Allowance
- Group Insurance: Premium
- Graduation Allowance: ₱1,000
- PE/MS Uniform Allowance
For More Scholarships – Click Here
The priority programs under DOST scholarship include but are not limited to Aeronautical engineering, Chemistry with material science, Industrial pharmacy, computer science, Civil engineering, Molecular biology and Biotechnology, Instrumentation, and control engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Management Mechatronics, and Robotics and many more. These programs can be studied at the State Universities and Colleges, Institutions that have Level III FAAP accreditation. You can also pursue the courses at Centers of Development for the priority science and technology courses.
The DOST undergraduate scholarship has a number of categories which include
1. RA 7687 S and T Scholarship.
This is for the applicants whose social-economic statuses do not exceed the cut-off values that are set of all known indicators as approved by the advisory committee on Science and Technology scholarship. There is no application fee required for RA 7687.
2. MERIT Scholarship.
The merit scholarship is awarded to the students that have high aptitude in mathematics and science and they are willing to undertake STEM-related careers.
3. Junior Level Science Scholarships.
The junior-level science scholarship is awarded to third-year students who have qualified and have been enrolled in priority engineering courses. It is provided for the remaining 3 years of study. Under this scholarship, you can qualify for JLSS RA 7687 or JLSS merit.
4. R.A. 10612 Scholarship.
This scholarship is under the JLSS and it is awarded to the third-year students who wish to teach STEM subjects in basic education. This program supports the execution of section 8 about the Kto 12 law that aims to provide a pool of graduates who can competently teach the STEM subjects.
For you to be eligible and qualify for the DOST scholarship you must be:
- Natural born Filipino citizen.
- Be in the top 5% graduating class of the non-STEM strand in the senior high school.
- A member of the STEM strand graduating class in senior high school.
- Be a resident of the municipality and attested by the barangay.
- You should be of good moral character and also in good health.
- It should be the first time you are doing the DOST-SEI examination or you did the examination but you didn’t qualify for the scholarship. Another factor that eliminates you is that you qualified for the scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- You should not have any undergraduate or post-secondary unit.
- You must have qualified for the science and technology scholarship examination.
The following items should be submitted for both RA 7687 and Merit scholarships.
– Personal Information ( Form A)
– Household information and questionnaire.
– Certificate of good moral character.
– Certificate of good health.
– Principal’s Certification ( form E1 or E2).
– Certificate of Residency.
– Parent’s Certification.
– Applicant’s certification.
– A signed declaration by the legal guardian or parent and the applicant.
– A recent 1 by 1-inch picture.
– Photocopy of your birth certificate.
– Parents income tax return for 2019/ Employment contract for OFW/ Brgy certificate of indigency/ BIR certificate of exemption from the filing of ITR.
WHEN TO APPLY?
|Start of Online Application Period||22 October 2021|
|End of Registration||31 December 2021|
|Last Day of Uploading and Submission of Requirements||31 January 2022|
*Extension is only for those applicants who have successfully registered on or before 31 December 2021 in the E-Application System
The application procedure is divided into four (4) steps:
1. Registration through the provided link below.
2. Carrying out the Eligibility Check.
3. Filling out the application form and then uploading the required documents. The required documents are clearly indicated on this platform.
4. Selection of the Test Center.
If you have already registered, Sign in. You can also submit or file your application through the DOST-SEI regional offices.
It is necessary for you to read the instructions carefully when filling the different forms. You are encouraged to consult your parents when completing this application procedure.
For More Information – Click Here