Register for GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020 before the closing date in your respective school. Students who want to appear in GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020 & National Geography Olympiad 2020, they have to apply for it and exam will be held in December month (GEO Genius) and National Geography Olympiad in April 2021 (Tentatively). First check the GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Eligibility Criteria and after that submit the application form it.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020
About GEO Genius: GEO Genius Geography Olympiad is national Level Olympiad Test which is conducted by GEO Genius every year for school students. In 2010 group of Indian Geographers launched this Competition or Olympiad for all school students. The very first National Geography Olympiad was held in 2010 in which around 1,000 students have take participation from twenty schools. And after the number of students are going to increasing every year. More and more schools are connecting with this competition.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020: GEO Genius Higher Authority is going to start the registration process for GEO Genius Olympiad 2020 in month of August. According to the last year data, It is expected that the registrations will starts from August 2020. All the interested and eligible students will be able to apply for the GEO Genius 2020.
Students have to contact with their school principal to participate in this Olympiad. After the successful completion of the registration process, students will face the written examination. All the participants of GEO Genius will be awarded by Metric Certificate/participation Certificate with some other Prizes. Candidates can get all the detailed information through this article.
GEO GENIUS Competition 2020-21
The main objective of this GEO Genius Olympiad is to encourage the school students to study the Geography subject and to revive the interest of the students in the same subject. This Olympiad/Competition may help the students to preparing for higher competitive Exams at national and International level.
Every Year GEO Genius Olympiad is organized in two phases. In the first Phase 1 all the students who are studying in the class 2nd to 10th will participate at their respective schools all over the India and then after successful completion of School level Competition Phase 2 will be conducted. In which those students will be selected who scored higher marks in the Phase 1 examination.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- All those students who are currently studying in the class from 2nd to 10th from any school which is recognized from State Board, ICSE, CBSE or International Board are eligible to apply for GEO Genius Geography Olympiad.
- There should be at least 50 Students enrolled into this Olympiad from each school.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Rewards
For LEVEL 1 (School level Competition)
- Rank 1 – Gold Medal + Merit Certificate
- Rank 2 – silver Medal + Merit Certificate
- Rank 3 – Bronze Medal + Merit Certificate
All participants – Merit Certificate/Participation Certification
- There will be total three medals which is to be rewarded to the students only if at least 15 candidates participate in single category.
- If there will less than 15 candidates but more than 10 participants then only Gold and Silver medal will be awarded.
- And if there will less than 10 applicants but more than 5 participants then only Gold medal will be awarded to the winner
- And if there is less than 5 participants than no medal will be rewarded to any candidate.
For Level 2 (National Level Olympiad):
|National Rank 1||Laptop + Gold medal + National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|National Rank 2||Tablet + Silver Medal +National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|National Rank 3||Watch + Bronze Medal +National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
|All participants||National Finalist Trophy + Merit Certificate|
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020 Application Form
Application Process: All the candidates who want to participate in the GEO Genius Geography Olympiad then he/she must have to fill the application form and submit it before the last date. Each student will be able to get the application form from their respective schools. You have to Contact with your school principal or Vice Principal to apply for the Olympiad.
Interested students can also download the application form from the official website of GEO Genius. Every candidate have to pay the examination fees also of Rs.140/- and students can also get the preparatory textbook for Rs.110/- at the time of submitting application form. It is not necessary to get the Preparatory Text book but strongly recommended; you should have that book because it contains the detailed syllabus and some other important stuff for GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020.
Selection Process – GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020
Students will be selected for level 2 on the basis of their rank in the School Level Olympiad. Only best 50 students will be selected from each category from level 1 and they will be called for appearing in the national Level Olympiad. As we have told you already that a lot of students appearing every year for this GEO Genius Geography Olympiad so there will be very tough competition among all the students.
Other Important Scholarship Schemes 2020
- Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST/OBC Students
- KVPY Scholarship Scheme
- Mathematical Olympiad
- Hindustan Times Scholarship Scheme
- Junior Science Olympiad
Students should have to start their exam preparations as soon as possible. To get the higher rank in the competition students must know about their syllabus and exam pattern. Here we have provided the exam pattern and syllabus category wise. You must have to look on the following exam pattern and syllabi.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad 2020 Important Dates
|Application Form Available From||First week of August 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last Date to apply||End of October 2020 (Tentative)|
|School level Exam Date||December 2020 (Tentative)|
|Results Declaration||February 2021|
|National Level Exam Date||April 2021|
Dates may be changed by Geo Genius authority. So visit the official website of it know more about it.
GEO Genius Exam Pattern 2020
Students will be able to participate in the competition under the following three categories according to their current class:
- Sub junior Category ( class 2nd to 4th )
- Junior Category ( Class 5th to 7th )
- Senior Category (class 8th to 10th )
- There will be Multiple Choice Type Questions in the Level 1 Competition which will be conducted at School level.
- In the Level 1 Exam will be of online or Pen and Paper based.
- There will be 40 Questions in the Sub junior Category
- And 50 questions for Junior and Senior Category candidates.
- Total 1 hour will be given to all the students to complete the exam.
- There will be no negative marking in any category.
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- Level 1 exam will be held in the every candidate’s school
- Top 50 Students in each category will be invited to Mumbai for level 2 exam National level.
GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Syllabus 2020
Sub Junior Category (class 2,3 and 4)
- India Political Geography: States & their Capitals
- India Physical Geography: Major Mountains & Rivers
- India Cultural Geography: Languages, Landmarks, Festivals, Dances, etc.
Junior Category (class 5,6 and 7)
*General Physical Geography – Earth , Land Forms, Water Bodies etc
- Indian Political Geography
- Indian Historical Geography
- India Physical Geography
- India Cultural Geography
- India Economic Geography
- Cultural geography: Languages, People, Festivals, Holidays, Dance and Sports.
- Political Geography: Important countries capitals
- Physical geography: major mountains and rivers.
More Scholarship Schemes:
- Resonance Scholarship Scheme
- Amar Ujala Scholarship Scheme
- National Overseas Scholarship (Study Abroad Scholarship)
Senior Category (Class 8,9 and 10)
* Current Events
- Historical Geography
- Physical Geography
- Political Geography
- Cultural Geography
- Economic Geography
- Political Geography: Important countries capitals.
- Physical geography: major mountains rivers.
- Cultural geography: Languages, People, Festivals, Holidays, Dance and Sports.
Prepare according to GEO Genius Geography Olympiad Official Syllabus and exam pattern. For more details refer its official website.