Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019 Special Scholarship for NE Region: Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Special for North Eastern Regions 2019-20 and official website is scholarships.gov.in. Candidates can check the Procedure of registration of Ishan Uday Scholarship and submit their application form before the last date.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship 2019-20:
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme is an initiative started by Ministry of HRD in collaboration with UGC (University Grants Commission) to provide financial assistance to aspirants of north eastern states who have poor family background and pursuing their higher studies. Sole aim to start this scholarship scheme is to encourage the students of northeastern states to go for higher education and to increase the competitiveness among them.
About Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme:
Ministry of HRD & UGS together started this scheme in 2014-15. Under this initiative, limited number of aspirants belonging to northeastern states will be selected and financial assistance will be given to them per month. Candidates belonging to general degree course as well as professional degree courses like engineering, medical, paramedical etc. can also apply for this. Here in this article, we will provide detailed information regarding this special scholarship scheme such that all of our readers can get the benefit from this scheme.
Aim to Start Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme:
To fulfill certain objectives, Ishan Uday special scholarship scheme was started. These are
- To encourage the people of NER to go for higher education such that they can also compete with the other parts of the country.
- To enhance the competitive level among the aspirants of northeastern states.
- To encourage the people to go for professional courses like engineering, medical, management etc. more such that they can have more career opportunities.
Also See: Assam Combined Merit Scholarship
Under this initiative, total 10000 aspirants will be selected who have completed their 12th class and have taken admission in first year of their degree course and in any professional course. Candidates who have taken admission in general degree course, they will get Rs. 5400/month and candidates who have taken admission in any professional course will get Rs. 7800/month.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019-20 Eligibility Criteria:
There are certain eligibility conditions which you all have to fulfill if you want to register for this scholarship scheme.
- Aspirant must have the domicile of the state belonging to NER (Northeastern Region).
- Parental income or family income from all the sources should not be more than Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Candidate must have completed their 12th class in previous session and have taken admission in first year of any general degree course or in professional degree course.
- Third gender or transgender people can also apply for this scholarship scheme.
Allocation of Scholarships:
Total 10000 scholarships will be given under this scheme. Number of scholarship will be divided among different northeastern states as per their population. If slots for any state will be vacant, then candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks in 12th class.
Other Important Scholarship Schemes:
- Amar Ujala Scholarship
- National Overseas Scholarship
- Ministry of Minorities Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship 2019 Application Form:
Eligible candidates for this scholarship scheme are very exited to register for this scheme. Candidates will have to register themself on the official website: scholarships.gov.in to apply online. Instructions and guidelines for online registration for this scholarship also available on official web portal. Simple steps are available below.
How to Apply Online for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019-20:
- Applications for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme will be invited through National e-Scholarship portal which is a platform of Government of India.
- Aspirants who have taken admission in first year of any general degree course or professional course can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- We will recommend you to go through official notification and fill the application form in a proper manner.
- Your application form should be verified from the college or university in which you are studying currently.
Last Date to Apply for Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for NER 2019-20 – November, 2019 (Tentative)