National Overseas Scholarship 2020: National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2020 for SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc details are available here. Students who belong to Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers, and Traditional Artisans are eligible to apply for National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2020-21. Further eligibility conditions and information about the NOS Scholarship 2020 are available below.
Table of Contents
- 1 NOS National Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021
- 1.1 Specified Fields of Study:
- 1.2 Category Wise National Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021
- 1.3 National Overseas Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- 1.4 National Overseas Scholarship Award:
- 1.5 Selection Procedure for National Overseas Scholarship 2020 Program:
NOS National Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021
Students who want to study for Masters and Ph.D. level courses and belongs to SC, Denotified Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers, and Traditional Artisans Categories, can apply for National Overseas Scholarship Scheme in the prescribed format by sending the duly filled application form along with all relevant documents at the official address.
|New Update: Good News !! National Overseas Scholarship 2020 – 2021 Online Application Form available soon. Applicants have 30 days to submit the application from the date of notification. Last Year few changes were made by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for the NOS Scholarship Process.|
Specified Fields of Study:
|Field of Study||No. of Seats|
|Engineering and Management||32|
|Agriculture Sciences and Medicine||17|
|Pure Science and Applied Sciences||17|
|Humanities and Social Science||17|
|International Commerce, Accounting & Finance||17|
Note: 30% of seat awards shall be earmarked for women candidates.
Category Wise National Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021
|Denotified, Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Tribes||06|
|Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||04|
National Overseas Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- For Master’s Degree: Students who hold the Graduation Degree in any discipline with a minimum 55% or equivalent degree from a recognized institute/university. Preference will be given to experienced candidates, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
- For Ph.D: Master’s Degree minimum 55% marks or equivalent qualification. Preference will be given to those candidates who hold the experience, especially to those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
- Applicant age should not exceed 35 years as of 01 April 2020.
- Total family income from all sources shall not exceed Rs.6,00,000/- per annum.
- Not more than two children of the same family/parents/ guardians.
National Overseas Scholarship Award:
Indian Govt will provide the various allowances whose list is available below.
For the United States of America and other countries except the United Kingdom:
- Annual Maintenance allowance of US Dollars 15400/-
- Contingency Allowance: US Dollars 1500/-
Only for the United Kingdom:
- Annual Maintenance Allowance of 9900/- Great Britain Pound (GBP)
- Contingency Allowance: 1100/- (Great Britain Pound)
Other Allowances Details:
- Incidental Journey Allowance & Equipment Allowance: US $20 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees.
- Poll Tax: Actual will be paid, wherever applicable.
- Visa Fees: Actual visa fees in Indian rupees will be paid.
- Tuition Fee: Actual as charged.
- Medical Insurance Premium: Actual as charged.
- Air Passage: Air passage from India to the nearest place to the educational institute and back to India. The shortest route will be followed and economy class air passages will be provided.
- Local Travel: Read from the official notification.
Note: Please refer to the National Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021 Notification to get further details about this scholarship scheme.
Duration of National Scholarship Award with Financial Assistance:
Candidates will get the prescribed financial assistance to complete their course/ research or the following period, whichever is earlier –
- Ph.D. – 04 Years
- Master Degree – 03 Years
Selection Procedure for National Overseas Scholarship 2020 Program:
- Applications received during the given period will be considered for grant of National Overseas Scholarship award/assurance of award for that year and the award/assurance so given will be valid for a period of one year from the date of communication of the award/assurance.
- Students who have already taken admission in foreign Institutions/universities by an authorized body of that country from the academic year 2020-21 onwards and are pursuing higher studies will be considered for the award on a first-come and first-serve basis subject to fulfillment of other conditions of the Scheme.
- Students who are trying to obtain admission in the foreign universities/Institutions by an authorized body of that country may also be provided assurance of scholarship, to facilitate their admission, if required by accredited educational institutions/universities. In case they are finally successful in securing such admission, they may be considered for the award, subject to other conditions of the Scheme. The assurance so given would be valid for a period of one year from the date of communication of the assurance. The award will be admissible from 2020-21 and no past claims will be entertained.
In case of a tie (When the available unfilled slots are less than the eligible candidates)between two or more candidates, the following selection procedure will be followed:-
- First, available unfilled slots earmarked for women candidates will be filled up from amongst eligible candidates.
- Next, the remaining slots will be filled up by the eligible candidate older in age, i.e., the first available slot will be given to the oldest candidate and subsequent slots in the descending order of age.
The Selection cum Screening Committee will make suitable recommendations on the basis of the above guidelines.
List of Documents Required for NOS Scholarship Program 2020:
Candidates must provide the following documents –
- 10th Class or another certificate as proof of the date of birth.
- All Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificate with the mark sheets
- Income Proof Certificate in the prescribed format
- Offer letter if obtained admission
- Self-attested photocopy of Caste certificate issued by a competent authority
In case of passage grant additional information with a statement including
- Self-attested copy of the letter of the award
- details of merit scholarship and the manner in which it has been obtained
Note: This year no physical copy or no hard copy of the application will be entertained.
NOS Scholarship 2020 Application Form
Note: The online portal is going to open for 30 days initially calling for applications in April 2020*. In case, sufficient applications are not received or the number of the selected candidates is less than the earmarked slots, then the online portal may be opened again on 1st July 2020* for the next 30 days. If required, the portal may again be opened for the same duration on 1st September 2020* & 1st January 2021 also.
[Old Method Last Year] Offline Mode: Send the Duly filled Application Form + Attach all relevant documents at the below address. Application Form should be complete in all manner and also attach the all relevant documents. Incomplete applications in any respect are liable to be rejected by NOS Authority and no application will be entertained in this regard. So please verify the details before sending the application form to the following address:
Shri Deepak Mehra, Director (SCD-V),
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment,
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment,
Room No. 636 – ‘A’ Wing,
Shastri Bhavan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Marg,
New Delhi (110001)
Submit the National Overseas Scholarship 2020 Application Form for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (as per category) before the last date.
Important Dates of National Overseas Scholarship Programme 2020-2021
- Submission of Document will be Starts from First week of April 2020
- Online Application Form is available for 30 Days as per notification issued by NOS Authority.
- Deadline to Submit the Documents:
31 March 2021
Note: Please check National Overseas Scholarship for SC Notification for detailed information.
Quick Links – National Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021
- National Overseas Scholarship Notification >> Click Here (Update soon for 2020)
- Scholarship Link >> Click Here
- Official Website Link: Click Here
Choose the Scheduled Caste Welfare Option and Schemes & Programs Option on the home page of the official website.
The year 2018-19 Important Dates:
National Overseas Scholarship 2018-19 Important Dates:
- Document Submission Starting Date: 03 April 2018
- Last Date to Submit the Documents: 31 March 2019
Please download NOS Scholarship 2018-19 Notification and verify the all details before submitting the Scholarship Application form at the above address.
National Overseas Scholarship 2018 Important Links:
National Overseas Scholarship 2018 Notification + Application Form: Download Here
National Overseas Scholarship Official Website: http://socialjustice.nic.in/